With all the old buildings in theBostonarea there are a lot of old skylites, the way to fix the leaks around the glass was caulking. There was no feasible solution to replacing them. Within the past couple years you can now have skylites made to fit existing curbs at a reasonable cost.
Robert Evans' Jr Blog
Tags: Commercial roof, commerical skylites, commercial roof leaks, copper, Skylight leaks, Velux skylights, Dome skylights, cracked skylight, Wasco skylites, old skylights, Firestone roofing, firestone contractor, firestone rubber roof, metal roofing
3 Layers of water protection-Deck
Now with the new Deck Seal technologly
- Introducing a third layer of water protection for Velux Skylights. The pre-attached deck seal on all deck mounted skylights provides a seal between the frame and roof deck for a leak-proof installation.
- Adhesive underlayment for secondary water protection against the harshest weather conditions.
- Engineered flashing for easy installation and primary water proteciton
3 Layers of water protection-Curb
- A pre-attached skylight gasket provides a tight seal between a standard site-built curb and the skylight that caps off a leak-proof installation for curb mounted skylights. Robert Evans contracting
- Adhesive underlayment for secondary water protection against the harshest weather conditions for standard site-built curbs.
- Egineered flashing for easy installation and primary water protection.
3 Great reasons to replace existing skylights when you replace the roof
1. SAVE MONEY! It is the most convenient and affordable time to replace your skylights! Most roofers will charge up to double to come back and replace your skylight vs. replacing them while replacing your roof.
2. Coinciding Warranty - VELUX "No Leak" skylights offer an industry first, comprehensive 10-yr "No Leak" warranty that covers the skylight and its installation against leaks for 10 years. VELUX is the only skylight company to offer 3 layers of protection on its new design which enables us to offer this 10-year "No Leak" warranty. You're getting a new roof with a new warranty-what better time to replace your skylights.
3.Improved Energy Efficiency- VELUX "No Leak" skylights offer advanced Low-E3 coating to provide more daylight and better heat control than any other glass previously offered for year round comfort and energy savings
**** Save up to $194* a year on your cooling cost by replacing your plastic skylight with energy efficient VELUX glass skylights