With all the old buildings in theBostonarea there are a lot of old skylites, the way to fix the leaks around the glass was caulking. There was no feasible solution to replacing them. Within the past couple years you can now have skylites made to fit existing curbs at a reasonable cost.
Robert Evans' Jr Blog
Tags: Commercial roof, commerical skylites, commercial roof leaks, copper, Skylight leaks, Velux skylights, Dome skylights, cracked skylight, Wasco skylites, old skylights, Firestone roofing, firestone contractor, firestone rubber roof, metal roofing
a Robert Evans Jr Contracting Installed these Velux Commercial Dome Skylights this tuesday on a .060 Firestone Rubber roof in Newton Massachusetts before the snow storm on wednesday. Though the conditions weren't the best, these four skylights had to be installed before the storm hit. Dome skylights are often used on commercial buildings, with flat roofs. They allow great natural light to enter the building through the roof.
Tags: Commercial roof, EPDM, commerical skylites, commercial roof leaks, rubber roof, Skylight leaks, Dome skylights, cracked skylight, Wasco skylites, old skylights, Firestone roofing, firestone roof, firestone contractor
3 Layers of water protection-Deck
Now with the new Deck Seal technologly
- Introducing a third layer of water protection for Velux Skylights. The pre-attached deck seal on all deck mounted skylights provides a seal between the frame and roof deck for a leak-proof installation.
- Adhesive underlayment for secondary water protection against the harshest weather conditions.
- Engineered flashing for easy installation and primary water proteciton
3 Layers of water protection-Curb
- A pre-attached skylight gasket provides a tight seal between a standard site-built curb and the skylight that caps off a leak-proof installation for curb mounted skylights. Robert Evans contracting
- Adhesive underlayment for secondary water protection against the harshest weather conditions for standard site-built curbs.
- Egineered flashing for easy installation and primary water protection.